5 things you need to know about boss fall/winter 15
The i-D team's cheat sheet to all things BOSS autumn/winter 15, from heavy metal to Edie Campbell
1) Edie Campbell: Edie Campbell is no stranger to BOSS. After appearing in Wu's first campaign for the brand and closing its spring/summer 15 show, our favorite punk princess and her new do' opened fall/winter 15 with a bang. Campbell also walked in an incredible tux towards among the show's finale looks, showing everybody who's boss.
2) Shapes: Sharp cuts and sleek silhouettes are firm fixtures in the BOSS playbook, but this season, Wu toyed with more structured shapes in his outerwear designs. Double breasted overcoats especially saw more circular patterns that switched up the brand's typically hard edges.
3) Heavy metal: Earlier this week, Alexander Wang showed his beautiful dark twisted fantasy--a collection rife with punkish embellishments. While BOSS wasn't exactly going goth, Wu's fall/winter 15's dresses served some serious Joan of Arc realness. Heavy metal is already shaping up to be one of the season's biggest trends.
4) Collars: Whether an oversized lapel, military-inspired crop with cute fasteners, or look 29's amazing turtleneck situation, Wu proverbially popped his collar this season.
5) Accessories: Michael Jackson, Audrey Hepburn, Karl Lagerfeld, and glove lovers everywhere: rejoice. Always good for an understated touch that pulls it all together, Wu outfitted a number of strapless looks with elbow-length black gloves and subtle waist-high belts. The combination balanced the looks' strong shoulder vibes and kept things looking elegant.
Text Emily Manning
Photography Mitchell Sams