10 things you need to know about isabella emmack
She’s the Alexander Wang exclusive with the black pixie crop and piercing green eyes. Meet Isabella Emmack.
Every model knows you're only as good as your last haircut. Changing your barnet can make or break your career, just look at Edie Campbell, Arizona Muse and Sasha Luss. 17-year-old Isabella Emmack shot straight to the top when she chopped off her waist-length, brunette tresses, opting instead for a punky, black, pixie cut by the hand of none other than Guido Palau. Catching the eye of Alexander Wang with her green gaze and sharp cheekbones accentuated by her new 'do, she first set foot on the international runways as an exclusive for Wang last February. In the three short months since then, she's walked for the likes Fendi, Balenciaga and Saint Laurent and is currently sitting pretty at the top of everyone's ones-to-watch list.
1. Her model role models are industry power figures.
"I look up to models like Doutzen and Naomi Campbell because of all the things they have accomplished in this industry. It is not an easy job and I respect all the things they have done."
2. The answer to the question everyone wants to know… does she like her new haircut?
"I'm enjoying my cropped cut for now but I can see myself growing it out in the future."
3. The question Isabella really wants to know the answer to…
"What came first: the chicken or the egg?"
4. If she could use her new found fame to encourage change, she would promote anti-bullying.
"As someone who was picked on in school for their appearance and personality, I want kids to know that it will get better and nothing lasts forever."
5. She was the quiet one in school…
"I was shy and kept a tight group of friends!"
6. The most rebellious thing she's ever attempted is…
"I tried to throw big house party without telling my parents!"
7. In a blockbuster of her life, she's chosen the exact same people we would to play her and her lover…
"Hands down I would want Mila Kunis to play me and Ryan Gosling as my love interest!"
8. Here's the best piece advice she's been given:
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
9. She believes being beautiful starts with self-acceptance.
"Beauty is loving yourself and just being confident in your own skin."
10. If she wasn't working, she'd be doing…
"Something involving music for sure!"
Photography Daniel Jackson
Fashion Director Alastair McKimm
Hair Holli Smith at Total Management using Bumble and bumble
Nail technician Rica Romain at LMC
Photography assistance Jake Merrill
Lighting assistance Karen Goss
Styling assistance Katelyn Gray, Lauren Davis, Xenia Settel
Make-up assistance Mami Iizuka, Takashi Ashizawa, Ren Nobuko
Production Nikki Stromberg at M.A.P
Retouching Gloss Studio
Model Isabella Emmack at DNA
Isabella wears all clothing Balmain