i-Q: bernhard willhelm
The most fun fashion designer in the world, let’s us grill him with the 20 questions we want to ask everyone.
In the nineteen years Bernhard Willhelm's been making clothes, he's done just about everything. His creations are wild, erotic, exotic and eccentric, just like the man himself. He's done a lot in his time, but the now LA based designer has never been grilled, i-Q style.
20 questions we'd like to ask everyone, but especially Bernhard Willhelm, because we just knew he'd get it. We sent them over, and he didn't let us down, answering everything, in, er, hashtags. And attaching a lovely picture of himself, naked, except for a pair of leather chaps.
1. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
2. Do you keep a diary? What's in it?
3. What's the last dream that you can remember having?
4. What would you most like to change about the world?
5. What would you most like to change about yourself?
6. Have you ever pretended to be someone else in the mirror?
7. When was the last time you had an argument?
8. Do you meditate?
9. What would you look like if you were an alien?
10. What did you do on your last day off?
11. What's your greatest ambition?
12. Do you have any phobias?
13. Who do you most admire and why?
14. What do you talk about when you get your hair cut?
15. What do you think happens when you die?
16. What would you like to be reincarnated as and why?
17. If you could do anything without fear of repercussion, what would you do?
18. If you could ask anyone a question, who would you ask, and what?
19. Describe yourself in four words.
20. Have you lied at any point during this interview?
Check out Bernhard in i-D's F.U.N. Issue from 2009, shot by Juergen Teller:
Text Felix Petty