10 reasons imperfections are beautiful
Scars, albinism, gap-teeth, freckles, big ears - where would Lara Stone, Shaun Ross and Adwoa Aboah be without their so-called flaws? It's the little details that makes us who we are and, as the Backstreet Boys once said, what makes you different makes...
Photography Walter Pfeiffer. Styling Elgar Johnson. Make up Lucia Pica.
1. It creates character and attitude.
2. Imperfections sometimes tell a story.
3. It can convey personality.
4. I think it shows a certain courage and strength in someone to have the confidence to show and embrace their flaws.
5. In photographs imperfections can help to convey a mood, an emotion.
6. They create diversity.
7. Things you may have hated as a child like a 'gap tooth' or an abundance of freckles you can learn to love as you get older. It's about self acceptance.
8. I feel like it's important to embrace the changes that come with age, those kind of imperfections can also be beautiful.
9. The perception of beauty is also defined by cultures so can't really be universal.
10. Imperfection can be hard to define so this allows the individual viewer to have their own perception of what is and isn't beautiful.
Photography Walter Pfeiffer
Styling Elgar Johnson
Make-up Lucia Pica
Read our i-D Beauty Week interview with Lucia