10 things you need to know about florence kosky
Burberry’s freshest Brit babe’s got everything going for her.
With her goldie locks and countryside-fresh glow, Florence Lily Jane Kosky is the epitome of an English rose. Discovered by a booker who chased her round a festival and persisted with emails until she strolled into Models 1, Flo has since stalked the runways of all the notable designers from New York to Paris (though she now calls London's Angel neighborhood home) and just landed her first major campaign -- Burberry. Following in the footsteps of fellow Brit beauties Cara Delevingne, Jourdan Dunn, Edie Campbell, Agyness Deyn and Malaika Firth (I could go on), Flo stars in the brand's fall/winter 15 campaign alongside Tom Odell, Harry Treadaway, Holliday Grainger and Ella Richards to name a few. Here are 10 things you need to know about the 19-year-old dreamboat.
1. Her childhood was idyllic. This is the best thing about growing up in Dorset..
"I think it was all the adventures we could have - from climbing down cliffs, to having barbecues on a super pretty bit of beach, to having massive parties in the woods to discovering tiny festivals on our doorsteps!"
2. This was her first reaction when she found out she'd scored the Burberry campaign...
"I called my mom and yelled down the phone for like 20 minutes."
3. This is who she's hangs out with backstage...
"I would say Grace Plowden (she's my flatmate so that's obvs), Drea Grady, Sarah Brannon, Mona Matsuoka, Robbie McKinnon and Greg France - they all have the best sense of humor and we always have fun!"
4. Japan and Bladerunner combined meant her favorite show to walk in last season was…
"The Dior show in Tokyo - Japan is my favourite place in the world, it had lots of influence from Bladerunner which is one of my favorite movies and I was blown away at getting to close it!"
5. She's also a budding actress. Miss Delevingne better watch out...
"So I've been working on my first indie film for the past 3-ish years, which is FINALLY coming out the end of this year. It's called To Tokyo and really solidified my love for acting! That's all I've done professionally other than a stint at the Edinburgh festival doing physical theater last summer, which was fun and an amazing experience, but I want to stick to film and TV I think."
6. She's got some swell advice for those in a whirlwind industry…
"Don't lose sight of who you are and what makes you happy, it keeps you grounded in an industry which can sweep you away."
7. If she could find out the answer to any question in the world, she would you ask...
"What does Ryan Gosling look like naked?"
8. In a blockbuster of her life story, this is who she'd cast to play herself… and she don't need no other half!
"Keira Knightley, I wish I had her pout! And having just split up with my boyfriend I would say no romantic interest, thank you!"
9. Her preferred choice of social media is...
"Twitter because of @sosadtoday."
10. A picture of herself in 10 years time would look something like this...
"On a beach with a cocktail and a masseuse."
Text Felicity Kinsella
Photography Matteo Montanari
Styling Caroline Newell