1 granary

Fashion

the korean designer reclaiming the meaning of weird

Goom Heo won the prestigious L’Oréal Professionnel Creative Award for her CSM MA collection, and now the young Korean designer is planning her next move.
Bella Webb
Fashion

designer sinéad o’dwyer is critiquing the homogeneity of model's bodies

The next in a series of pieces profiling the young design talent presented in 1 Granary’s second VOID exhibition, we meet Sinéad O’Dwyer, a young designer queering fashion’s formal boundaries.
Elvira Højberg
Fashion

how 419 collective are challenging what african fashion means today

In the first in a series of pieces profiling the young design talent presented in 1 Granary’s second VOID exhibition, we meet Nigerian design trio 419 Collective.
Mahoro Seward
Fashion

what london students wore to their first day back at uni

These fashion and arts students are pushing the boundaries of good taste, one box of acid-green hair dye at a time.
Georgia Canning
Fashion

the 7 types of student you’ll meet at fashion school

From The Pseudo-Theorist to The ‘Accidental’ Margiela Plagiarist, welcome to fashion school, darling.
Mahoro Seward
Fashion

what’s it really like to study fashion at college?

In this week’s episode of i-D podcast, Fash-ON Fash-OFF, we’re teaming up with 1 Granary -- a magazine and website borne out of Central Saint Martins -- to find out what makes a good fashion student.
i-D Staff
Fashion

why accepting my sexuality marked the beginning of my career

And how art school can be a safe space from an unforgiving society.
Domantas Smaizys
Fashion

how tight borders affect fashion

With Brexit looming and the opportunity for students to forge careers in London after graduating even less feasible, we look at the implications on the fashion industry of stricter borders.
Alysha Lee
Fashion

how instagram transformed fashion education

Instagram, a poisoned chalice? As it increasingly impacts the lives of fashion students, we explore how it can present both opportunities, and complications.
Laura Bachmann
Fashion

should you study fashion in… kiev?

A look at fashion education outside the main fashion capitals. Finally, Kiev, Ukraine.
Mahoro Seward
Fashion

should you study fashion in… berlin?

A look at fashion education outside the main fashion capitals. Next up, Berlin, Germany.
Mahoro Seward
Fashion

should you study fashion in... montreal?

A look at fashion education outside the main fashion capitals. First up, Montreal, Canada.
Mahoro Seward