i-D cover star, singer, actress, model, daughter of Serge and Jane, Charlotte Gainsbourg has done it all. This week she's been unveiled as the new face of Louis Vuitton, starring in the French fashion house's Annie Leibovitz directed autumn/winter 14 campaign film. Never one to rest on her laurels, Charlotte has also designed a capsule collection for denim label Current/Elliott, which is set to run for four seasons starting this Fall. The collection will feature the perfect boyfriend jeans, slouchy tees and blazers, with Charlotte set to pucker up as the face of the campaign. We catch up with the French beauty for a quick fire question round, it's safe to say we've fallen head over heels in love with her all over again!
1. What is your most loved album?
Melody Nelson. It’s quite something to have both your parents on such a masterpiece!
2. What is your favourite song?
Very family oriented! My parents on Ballade de Melody Nelson and my father and me on Lemon Incest.
3. Who is your favourite writer?
Henri Michaux, I was obsessed by him during my adolescence.
4. If you could time travel what decade would you visit?
Paris in the 60s.
5. Who are your favourite artists?
Miro, Bonnard, Chopin, Debussy, Pink Floyd.
6. What artist has had the biggest impact on your work?
7. On Death Row, what would you pick for your last meal?
Butter on toast.
8. What are your favourite flowers?
9. What do you think defines your style?
Not caring too much. Just natural.
10. Who are your favourite designers?
Nicolas Ghesquiere, we’ve been friends for about 16 years. I rely on him completely for any occasion!
11. What do you love most about life?
12. What do you love most about fashion?
You have a uniform for whatever period you are going through in life. And you need a uniform to get your work done.