Fan Bingbing is the 32 year old Chinese actress, singer and style icon enchanting the fashion industry, one outfit at a time. As we all rush to the cinema to catch her in her latest role as inter-dimensional mutant Blink in X-Men: Days of Future Past, we celebrate her iconic style with this handy guide.
1. Jewelled turbans and prison striped pajamas are perfectly acceptable things to wear in public.
“Style is all about attitude, and choosing looks that fully reflect your personality.”
2. As all the best girls know, dragons rule.
“My favourite outfit ever was the dragon robe that I wore to the 63rd Cannes Film Festival. It made me so proud and fully reflected that I am a beauty from China. It was the most unforgettable moment in my life.”
3. Nude is sexy.
“I loved the nude Elie Saab dress I wore to Paris fashion week last year. I found it very sexy.”
4. Always support your friends.
“I love Stéphane Rolland, Elie Saab and Christopher Bu; they are not only my favourite designers but also my good friends. I adore outfits designed by my friends, as we are connected.”
5. It's okay to have slouchy days.
“I am comfortable with casual outfits, like T-shirts and skirts. It’s important to dress casually every once in a while because it eases stress.”
6. Starting a collection is probably one of the best things you can do.
"The most precious items in my wardrobe are my hats. I enjoy collecting hats wherever I go.”
7. Look but don't touch!
"I never allow other people to touch my hats, because I would be so unhappy if they were broken.”
8. Paris is the dream fashion capital.
“I love Paris so much; it’s so clean and pleasant. I fancy French cities as much as I fancy those in China because I always yearn for places with fascinating stories."
9. Always remember that fashion is global. There's a whole lot more to discover.
“A couple of years ago I started to work and travel abroad, and realised that the fashion industry is much more extensive than the one I understood from back home.”
10. Find yourself a good role model.
"I adore Freja Beha. She is incredibly cool and very cute, especially when she smiles."